Alvin and The Chipmunks 3:Chipwrecked

Story: The singing rodents are back. This time, their adventure takes them to the seas.

Review: I used to watch the original series of the same name when I was a kid and who could forget their old but popular Christmas song. I even had a tape of their album singing themes from the movies and television. I already  outgrew Alvin and the Chipmunks so I never had the opportunity to watch it when it first became a live action movie with computer graphics.

Now that I have a niece, I got excited because I haven't watch any movie with her that she can appreciate. She is only three years old. She was also excited after seeing the trailer in television plugs and she was even singing the Lady Gaga song with a chipmunk voice.

Children of the same age as my niece has a short attention span. I was not only observing my niece's reaction but also mine as well. It would be expected that the movie is intended for children as I assumed since I haven't able to watch the previous Chipmunk movies. But I realized that the movie is also intended for the whole family which was never done in the cartoon series.

The Chipmunks are popular because of the songs they interpreted and the trouble making antics of Alvin and followed by the foster parent Dave giving his trademark yell, "ALLVVVIIIINNNNN!!!!!!" Unlike the cartoon series, there are serious moments that anyone can relate and there are lessons about family and reconciliation. The movie has no violence whatsoever to assure that it's a child-friendly movie. It would be enjoyable if you watch with the family especially if you have children. Alvin and The Chipmunks 3 opens January 8 in Philippine cinemas and is distributed by 20th Century Fox Philippines.

Comments

Popular Posts