First Look: “GHOST IN THE SHELL” LAUNCHES FIRST TRAILER



My thoughts and reaction

I first saw Ghost In The Shell movie back in the 90's at the height of anime fever. Back then, we only have e-mail and group topic discussions but the internet was able to connect fans. I was skeptical about when rumors started spreading about Ghost In The Shell but it already had a major influence on The Matrix trilogy. They even hired Japanese animation studio Production I.G for one of The Animatrix short movies. It was tried to be shown on local broadcast but the theme and graphic imagery is not suited especially for younger audience. Ghost In The Shell is for mature audience.


For the upcoming movie. It looks like a carbon copy of the anime movie and most of the characters are flawlessly done well especially the skin tight suit Major wears so she can cloak herself invisible. My only comment for Major was that she is supposed to be Asian and she has a name. Motoko Kusanagi. But since this is a Hollywood movie, she has to be American. Casting Scarlett Johansson made me think it is a Black Widow movie. Rinko Kikuchi was my ideal choice especially when I saw first saw her in Pacific Rim. As for Batou, Kusanagi's partner in Section 9; the resemblance is good.  I have yet to find out what's his character name in the 2017 movie.

Overall, it looks promising. Just like The Matrix, it also has philosophical theme. I hope I get to see it when it starts showing. Masamune Shirow is the creator of Ghost In The Shell. For more trailer reactions follow this blog and like https://www.facebook.com/LENSblogs/


Comments

Popular Posts