Robocop movie review

I have mixed thoughts about the new Robocop version. I find the new form really good in  tactical but it looks more like a suit than a robot body. It is still cool though. I like the action moves Robocop executed. His visor though reminds me of KITT from Knight Rider though.
Photo courtesy of Columbia Pictures

Story wise, it added more human element. In the last version, it didn't focused on Alex Murphy's grieving family. Now, the family is given importance in the story. The scientists like Gary Oldman's character was also important. He is the equator that provides the balance of morality. In this movie, it also focus on the ethical issues of using robots in law enforcement.

I never thought that Michael Keaton can show how evil a corporate can be in his character. Coincidentally he is a former Batman working with Gary Oldman who was Commissioner Gordon in Nolan's Batman.

I also found Samuel L. Jackson's character entertaining as a TV host whose influence is powerful. The special effects were good and they made it worthwhile. But I can't bank on a movie sequel but it can be a good live action TV series.

The reminiscing part of the movie was the original Robocop theme was used. Robocop is now ushowing in Philippine cinemas. Distributed and released by Columbia Pictures. For more reviews, like LENS blogs on Facebook.

Comments

Popular Posts