The Conjuring 2 movie review

When I first heard that The Conjuring is based on the real life supernatural cases of exorcists/couple Ed and Lorraine Warren, I did a research about them. I also recalled that I already knew them because I've seen as consultant in a reality show Scariest Places On Earth.
Photo courtesy of Warner Bros.

In a documentary and a reality show, I got to see what the real Ed and Lorraine Warren look like. I even saw their house where they contain cursed objects. Yes, I saw the real Annabelle and it's not as scary as the one shown in the movie. I am not surprised that it will have a sequel because of the many cases the Warrens solved through the years.

After watching Conjuring spin-off Annabelle, I somehow got disappointed with the movie when I watched it on HBO. The reason why it didn't do well because James Wan didn't direct it. For The Conjuring 2, here is my list why I like it and recommending it to watch.


  • James Wan is directing it again. Yes!
  • The sequel is not the second part of the previous movie. It is a stand-alone movie from the first movie. This new case has nothing to do with the previous family the Warrens helped.
  • Even though it is a stand-alone movie, you can see how it progressed from the first movie.
  • There were also comical elements in some scenes which will help balance the horror.
  • There are also character developments from the Warrens.
  • It is scarier than the first one.
  • It is also better scene in a bigger screen of the cinema. Don't wait for the DVD release. Also, don't even think of downloading illegally.
The Conjuring 2 is presented and distributed by Warner Bros. Philippines. For more movie reviews, follow this blog and like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook.

Comments

Popular Posts