Suicide Squad movie review part 1

I've read some Suicide Squad comic books. I still recall the previous team line up. The team's concept self-consciously emulated from Dirty Dozen and Mission: Impossible and continued on in the new team line up.

Seeing the new line up for the live action movie made me think that it was a rip-off from the Warner Direct-to-Video movie Batman: Assault at Arkham which I think is the ideal Suicide Squad story because it has almost all characters that's also in the movie. But I am glad the movie took a different direction that is different from the animated movie.

For the line up of characters, it was a mix-up from the animated movie and the CW series. The original member of the Squad is Rick Flag. In the comic books, Rick Flag is actually Rick Flag III. He shares his name with his father and grandfather who are all members of the Suicide Squad in the past. Recurring members are Captain Boomerang and Deadshot. Here is my analysis of the characters.
Photos courtesy of Warner Bros.

Deadshot played by Will Smith. It seems like he is the only character in the Squad that has a dramatic back story that made him the main character of the story which is very similar to the animated movie Assault at Arkham. Although I like the Deadshot in the Arrow series, Deadshot got real bad-ass with his arsenal. I am looking forward to his potential like the confrontation between him and Batman that I saw in an animated short movie Deadshot in Batman: Gotham Knight. I thought that putting Will Smith in the role is just to build hype but I can be proven wrong. Glad he didn't wear the white mask all the time.

Continuing my review on my next post. For more geeky reviews, follow this blog and like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook. Suicide Squad premiered in the Philippines last August 2 at IMAX Cinema of SM Megamall.

Comments

Popular Posts