Suicide Squad movie review Part 2

Continuation of my Suicide Squad movie review
Photos courtesy of  Warner Bros. and RatPac Entertainment

In my previous post, I started with the background of Suicide Squad and compared Will Smith's portrayal of Floyd Lawton a.k.a. Deadshot to the CW version. I will continue with the individual characters.

I never expected that Jared Leto will be playing Joker. After the late Heath Ledger, I thought there would never be another Joker performance with exception of Mark Hamill who voices Joker for the animated format. Although Ledger portrayed the Batman's nemesis in a different manner, Leto portrayed Joker based on the comic books. It's up to you to see what kind of Joker Leto did. Because of Leto's performance, I am really looking forward to the back story in a scene from BatmanvSuperman about a vandalized costume.

Margot Robbie is a revelation. I have no idea that she will be chosen to play Harlequinn. The character first appeared in the animated series and she became an instant favorite villain sidekick that she was reborn in the comic book universe. Her current look is based on the latter costume that was shown in Arkham video games. I really imagined Harleyquinn as sexy. Warner Bros. and RatPac Entertainment made a right choice. Ms. Robbie is a natural. She is not just a sexy image like I saw in The Wolf of Wall Street and Focus. She proves that she is not only good in acting but also bringing a comic book character to life.

Since Jack Snyder started doing DC movies, they are doing more 3D/IMAX formats unlike Chris Nolan who just preferred IMAX. My only concern here was which one is done with an IMAX camera. But the 3D made it look psychedelic because of the visual effects presented. The Philippine premiere was held last August 2 at IMAX cinema in SM Megamall.

For more movie reviews, follow this blog and like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook.

Comments

Popular Posts