Winter's Tale movie review

When I first heard about this movie, I never thought that Russell Crowe and Collin Farrell would be cast in a romance story with a fantasy element. These two actors are known for their action. But there is also director Akiva Goldsman who also wrote the screenplay. He was responsible for I, Robot , The Da Vinci Code, I am Legend and my personal favorite, A Beautiful Mind.
Photo courtesy of Warner Bros.

I had the impression that this is a romantic tale that will soften the audience's hearts because it has a tag line, "Believe in miracles." Coincidentally, it was shown just near Valentine's day here in the Philippines. But when it gave that hype that it was total romance, I realize that it was more than that.

It is not about the romance but on making a difference in someone's life. That is probably the best miracle there. To cast Farrell and Crowe, it was put in mind that they are the right choice for their respective roles.

Coincidentally, Akiva Goldman also worked with Crowe and Connelly in his earlier work, A Beautiful Mind. William Hurt also stars but the revelation in the movie was Jessica Brown Findlay who is known her TV series Dowton Abbey. I think I will not see the last of her since she ended up in a main role now. I look forward to her in future movies.

Winter's Tale is now showing in cinemas and distributed by Warner Bros.

Comments

Popular Posts