Throwback: A Short Review of GI Joe Rise Of Cobra

This was posted during my first year of blogging. I got to watch it as a treat from a high school buddy. Posted August 9, 2010 on my flagship blog. For more geeky throwback posts, like the L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook.


I thought I would be disappointed and vowed not to watch the movie till I saw the action figures. The movie revived one of my favorite childhood collections. The story gave much more character emphasis than the cartoon series it was based on. As the subtitle said, it shows how Cobra originated and how Duke got into GI Joe. I like how detailed they were in character looks on SnakeEyes and Baroness. There were also vehicles from the cartoon series that was revived for the movie as well. The only part that makes me wonder was before the movie's story, GI Joe was already born not just for Cobra but for something covert. It just seems that GI Joe purpose to counter any threat. I also like their new motto,"When all else fails, we don't." But it was worthwhile. I look forward for a sequel. Gave it 3-star.

Comments

Popular Posts