Wil Wheaton's Advice For Nerds and Geeks Being Bullied

During the Denver Comic Con 2013, a girl was asking Wil Wheaton if he was bullied for being a nerd. He delivered a good advice. He didn't just spoke to the girl, he addressed this to everyone else. I was also bullied from being different because I was mild-mannered and nerdy.
 
I don't get high grades like those whiz kids but I am a thinker. I do things a regular teenager doesn't do. I like to read mystery novels like Sherlock Holmes and comic books and I like watching Star Trek.
 
But this is what I endured and not even the faculty advisers I had did not do anything. And they wonder why I didn't get high grades. Probably because teachers have a lot of problems themselves and they don't have time to be advisers. Teachers are not really paid well so I can understand if they don't have time to mentor.
 
Bullying is a product of survival. The concept of the strong will survive and the weak shall fall is the basic idea. Sometimes, the bullied tends to become a bully too. Just so happens I am one of those weaklings that didn't like sports. But it was the geeks who has the last laugh.
 
It was geeks and nerds who founded Microsoft and Apple. It was a geek who designed Facebook. It was geeks and nerds who designed the games we enjoy in mobile devices, game consoles and computers.
 
Like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook for more of my opinions about issues and more. Here's the video of Wil Wheaton's advice.
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts