Wally Watthead And His Lost Glow

When I first got invite about this, I thought it was an adaptation of a Seussian story. Just the same, I got this feeling that I should not miss this.

The act combined both theatrics and illusion with a touch of digital effects that got me awed. I am glad that they chose the Philippines as part of their international tour. Illusionist Janne Raudakoski of Finland created the story for theatrical purpose.

It is one of the collaboration of PETA with international productions and according to them, it is their vision to bring the child's interests back to theater. At ages three to five, the senses are developed so it is the best time for them to watch.
Sasu Paakkunainen, me and Janne Raudakoski

During the show, I watched with kids from schools judging that there is a bus parked outside. I can see that children really enjoyed it and the show interacts with the audience just like watching a segment from Sesame Street.

According to Sasu Paakkunainen, executive producer of Wally Wattpad; PETA is just the right venue for the production. They need a box-type stage for the illusion to work and the black backdraft also helps.

I am looking forward for Janne's other works to be shown here in the future. For more quality reviews, follow this blog or like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook.

Comments

Popular Posts