Tomorrowland movie review

This blog post is not solicited. I was never invited to any premiere. I bought a ticket to watch this. This movie review is not bounded by marketing purpose and local distributors but my own view and is not suppressed to make it sugar-coated.

When I first saw the trailer, I am impressed with the plot. But after watching it, it may not be as promising just like what they did with The Lone Ranger. The SFX are good, the story is good, casting is good especially since Britt Robertson is the movie's saving grace. I've seen her in Under The Dome and The Longest Ride. I see her potential to do more movies besides this.

What I like about the movie is that the there is a secret society involve with geniuses and "Innovators" that shaped the world. What I didn't expect that you one it is not that possible since Thomas Alva Edison and Nikola Tesla are both rivals.

I find the technology of Tomorrowland futuristic but traveling within space and time is relatively advanced.but if they really achieved it, they could have invented a warp-engine by now. Another saving grace here is Hugh Laurie since people know him as House.

What compelled me to see this movie was their official website. I like that it simulated a first-person tour of Tomorrowland which is why I think it might be better off as a theme park than a movie series which is why I am curious how it made it big in the box office. Was it the expectations were so high that that people may probably be disappointed.

I felt that Britt's character Casey is no different to Dorothy in Wizard of Oz. I prefer Disney do another Pirates of The Caribbean or Oz remake instead of a Tomorrowland sequel. If they do, it should be better. If you want my advise. I suggest you wait for it to be shown in free TV or cable channel than watching it in the movie unless there is a 4D version.

But the pin with Tomorrowland insignia still looks cool. I will still write movie reviews of blockbuster movies even if I find it disappointing and got to spend 200 Pesos for it so I won't fail my regular readers. Viewed at SM Cinema Manila earlier this month. For more movie reviews, follow this blog for more reviews and like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook for updates.

Comments

Popular Posts