Minions movie review

At the end credits of the Despicable Me sequel, we were given a teaser that Illumination Entertainment that they are going to have a Minion movie without Gru. I know the Minions are cute and we can't get enough of them but I can't imagine them without Gru.
Photo courtesy of Illumination Entertainment/UIP

It turns out that the Minions existed long before Gru. In the first two movies, I was given impression that Gru created the Minions since they are not natural. They are funny and comically stupid but they have the ability or power to endure all you can think that's painful. They reminded me of The Three Stooges only multiplied.

Focusing on the Minions, the trailer revealed that their whole society was bent on serving a despicable master. And for the first time, the movie narrow down not just on the Minions but on Stuart, Kevin and Bob.

It's also a revelation for this movie that Sandra Bullock can do voice acting and playing a part of a super villainess. My only comment regarding this movie, it is predictable to know which direction it's going.

Even though I love seeing the minions again, I want to see Steve Carell reprise his role again as Gru along with his stepdaughters with the new developments. In my opinion, it didn't surpass Despicable Me 2. I gave it a 3 bananas out of 5.

For more geeky movie reviews, follow this blog and like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook.

Comments

Popular Posts