Marvel's Ant-Man movie review

When I first found out that Ant-Man is debuting in a solo movie, I had my second thoughts about it since he got that attention in comics except being the founding member of the Avengers(Thor, Iron Man, Hulk and Wasp). Although Ant-Man had its own series but it didn't last long because he was always connected with a team.
Photo credits: Marvel Studios

Another unexpected about the movie was the casting. I am not surprise with Evangeline Lily and Corey Stoll since I've seen them in The Hobbit movies and the series House Of Cards respectively. But with Michael Douglas as Hank Pym since he haven't done any action movie since War Of The Roses and for Paul Rudd as Scott Lang was such a revelation since we always associate him with comedy. But so is Chris Pratt but look at the breaks he been having since Guardians Of The Galaxy.

What made Ant-Man appealing because Marvel Cinematic Studios made him just as bad-ass as any Marvel superhero. Back then, we didn't realize how cool Black Widow, Hawkeye or Falcon can be. I like how they did with the Ant-Man suit that look more high-tech than when he first appeared in the comic books. I also like the Yellowjacket suit.

During the release of the trailer, it shown Hank Pym offering Scott Lang to be Ant-Man. What made me wonder was what was Pym doing when the Battle Of New York happened but I can't share that since it will be revealed in the movie.

What I like about the movie that it is still in synch with the Marvel Cinematic Universe because there will be special mentions and cameo appearances in the duration of the movie. As expected, there will be two end credit scenes. One in the middle and one at the end.

I wouldn't enjoy it if it weren't for Peyton Reed's direction, Edward Wright and Joe Cornish's story and co-screenplay with Paul Rudd and Adam McKay. Cinematographer Russell Carpenter and Special Effects Supervisor Daniel Sudik also did a great job. Otherwise, I won't enjoy watching it in 3D. Watching in 3D depends on which movie and how it calibrated for the cinema screen because there are some 3D that are not maximize which made Ant-Man my recommendation for 3D.

Marvel's Ant-Man is the last feature of the cinematic universe this year and the next one will Captain America: Civil War next year. It will be a long wait till the third Cap movie. For more movie reviews, follow this blog and like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook.

Comments

Popular Posts