The Wong Kids in The Secret of the Space Chupacabra GO!

I was invited to watch The Wong Kids in The Secret of the Space Chupacabra Go! I never thought I was going to enjoy it because I had an impression that it was for kids. But it also got me curious.

What I didn't realize it was not just for kids. It is something for the family to enjoy. The highlight of the black light visuals that is so appealing to the eyes. What is also good that the story is only light that even a preschool kid can understand. It runs for about 90 minutes without intermission but the phasing is so fast that you won't realize it will be that long.

I also think that the creator of this production is also a geek. I read comic books and I can see the comic book reference for this story. It is also fun that the cast can play with the story material and interact with the audience.

The actors who play the part of the Wong Kids are so good that they dominate the whole stage presence in duration of the story. The kids are so energetic that it may get them tired in the end. And they have no other actors to alternate for the show.

This production is not just ideal for the families but also for the schools. In this modern, digital age; this stage production can be used to teach kids appreciate theatre and developed interests among them.

“The Wong Kids in the Secret of the Space Chupacabra Go!” gave me an impression of pop-up books I use to have as a kid. It runs from September 16 to 25, 2016 with shows at 10:00AM 2:00PM and 8:00PM.

For more theatrical productions, like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook or follow this blog.

Comments

Popular Posts