Amazing Spider-Man 2 Amazing Fan Review

Story: The continuation of The Amazing Spider-Man according to director Mark Webb.
 
It is a rare moment in movies that sequels does better than the first but recently, it pays well specially when it involves Marvel Comics' flagship character. Unlike the previous sequels in the last trilogy by Sam Raimi, this movie sequel has more continuity as it unravels mysteries behind Peter Parker's parents.
Photo courtesy of Columbia Pictures
 
For the title character, Andrew Garfield didn't disappoint me and he did better now because the Spider-Man I know in comics is a wise-cracking crime-fighter. The new costume is actually based on the comics that I grew up with.
 
The human drama also appeals in the story. Despite Peter's powers, it can't deal with his personal problems like the struggles in his relationship with Gwen Stacy, played by Emma Stone and now that Harry Osborne, Peter's childhood best friend resurfaces.
 
The villains are also as cool as the hero. Like I mentioned in my partial review after watching the 30-minute preview, Electro is not one of my favorite Spidey villains but this movie made me like him now thanks to the visual effects. I like what Electro can see in his own eyes.
 
I also like Green Goblin here. He is not wearing a mask to show more expression despite the SFX.  I also like the Rhino now as an armored arsenal. But what makes this better it explores Spidey's humanity. We tend to forget that the hero is not really Spider-Man but Peter Parker. Spider-Man is just a mask and costume to protect his identity, private life and loved ones but the heroics comes from Peter himself.
 
I didn't see it in 3D not like when I saw it during the preview, but it is also worth watching even if it's not in 3D. If watching the effects in 2D is good, what more if it's in 3D. Amazing Spider-Man 2 is showing now in Philippine cinemas. I viewed the movie on it's opening day last night at Greenbelt 3 cinema. For more quality fan reviews, L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook.

Comments

Popular Posts