X-Men: Days Of Future Past movie review

Story: Adapted from the same X-Men story arc.
 
When I first heard that the new X-Men movie is the adaptation of Days Of Future Past, I got excited. I got more excited when the movie not only brings back the First Class team and the current team in the same movie. But I kept my hopes up until I found out that Bryan Singer was directing the movie.
Photo courtesy of 20th Century Fox
My only problem with the director was that the last X-Men movie(X-Men:The Last Stand) was not a good adaptation although I like the first X-Men movie and Superman Returns which he both directed. He was able to redeem himself for Jack The Giant Slayer but Superman Returns got its final cut when it was decided to make a reboot instead.
 
I really like the First Class movie and I don’t want it be ruined because X-Men was the first superhero team that made its cinematic debut. I like the idea though that this is the first sequel to X-Men: First Class and X-Men: The Last Stand It was a mix roster of the First Class and current team. There are old ones who reprises their roles and new ones who made their debut.
As you have seen in the trailers, there are some changes in the movie. For the continuity reason, instead of Senator Kelly, who died in the first movie; was replaced by another interesting character named Bolivar Trask, played well by Game Of Thrones’ Peter Dinklage. Instead of Kitty Pryde, Logan was made the instrumental link to both timelines.
Besides Trask, the new characters that I also like was Blink. Her teleporting powers was so cool even though limited compared to Nightcrawler’s. I also like Bishop’s rechanneling powers. I also had fun watching Quicksilver’s speed. It was comical as well as cinematic.

What I didn’t like was Warpath. It didn’t show his mutant power but I like how he looked like but I expected him to be bigger as a mutant muscle. Sunspot’s powers is impressive but it was no different from Human Torch’s. The Sentinels are also impressive antagonists.

Even though the movie has serious themes, it still has action. It also tackles ethical issues which is relevant in reality. During the First Class movie, I am wondering if it’s a prequel or a reboot of the X-Men movie franchise. I figured now it can be both a prequel and a partial reboot as I see it. I am now glad that Bryan Singer didn’t disappoint me and I look forward for another story arc adaptation in the next movie. Yes, there is an extra scene after the credits.
 
Like

Comments

Popular Posts