Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends movie review

Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno raised my hopes up because it is the Shishio Makoto story arc adaptation of the manga/anime which was considered the best and longest story arc of the series. I will start with the comments. I wish I could see more of what the Juppongatana can do in the movie. They are the ruthless elite of Shishio.
Photo courtesy of Warner Bros. Japan

But the fights are only focused on Kenshin's battles. You won't be disappointed with Kenshin's battle with Aoshi and Sejiro and especially with Shishio. Although I enjoyed Sanosuke's battle with Anji but I think it was short lived.

But I understand that it's a movie and it cannot fit all of the battles. I wish they started the Shishio arc in the first movie  along with Kenshin's origin so I can see these memorable battles in live action. There are also some added obstacles to make it different from the anime series and the manga so it will be entirely new.

But there are flashbacks that connects to Kenshin that is relevant in some scenes of the movie. I think there will be mixed reactions from the fans especially the purists. But the movie ended well. It may not be clear there is another saga of Kenshin since there is always the potential of a prequel which will show how he learned the Hitenmitsurugi-ryu and how he became Battousai.

Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends opens September 25 in Philippine cinemas and is distributed and released by Warner Bros. Japan through Warner Bros. Phils. For more quality geek reviews, follow this blog or like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook.

Comments

Popular Posts