Scout's Guide To The Zombie Apocalypse movie review

Not since The Walking Dead when people got interested in zombie flicks. There are now many zombie related movies and TV shows that you already got tired of watching it. So why bother watching this one.

But this is a different kind of zombie flick. It is the one that you can laugh about it. It is a stupid kind of fun because of its nonsense gore and violence. The story is set in a town when an outbreak happened. It may sound familiar but it is not like Resident Evil and not even close.

For this town, the only thing that can save the day is the unlikely heroes: The scouts. What I like about the protagonists is that they are the underdogs. Just like in reality, the movie shows the scouts as an underdog organization because most find it kid stuff and nerdy.

But this misconception is not really true. The scouts are very similar to action hero icon MacGyver. They can innovate. If you ask me, they can survive better than any regular human being second to Special Forces.

I have the privilege on being a scout even after high school because I am also tasked with leadership to a local chapter. But after watching this movie, I bet some may show interest in scouting. I may not be as young as I used to but old habits die hard especially in scouting. Because once a scout is always a scout.

I got to watch this movie in SM Cinema Manila just before it was removed the next day when Mockingjay part 2 opened. It may not be the best movie but it was different. I will choose to watch this first before Spectre and Hunger Games. Also, Sarah Dumont should be enough reason to watch. For more movie reviews, follow this blog and like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook.

Comments

Popular Posts