Shrek The Musical review

When I first heard that Atlantis Productions is doing a local staging of Shrek The Musical, I didn't even think twice to watch it. I like the movie and the three sequels. Besides, it's fun to watch it on live performances.

Two reasons why I like Shrek. First, I like mash-ups. Shrek's universe is a mash-up of all fairy tale and nursery rhyme characters. Second, I am a fan of Mike Myers. I can only imagine the actor playing Shrek was Mike Myers.

It is an adaptation of the first movie, not including the sequels. But what makes it different from the movie original was that there are some twist in some characters. The actor playing Shrek did a good impression. The make-up effects are good and his Scottish accent is done well.

The actor playing Donkey also did well. He did good doing comedy punchlines that even though I am familiar with the lines, it still does made me laugh. I think the best performance in this stage production comes from Lord Farqual.

The humor is for the couple of kids but the humor is for adults. It will be shown on limited time only. For more stage production reviews, follow this blog or like L.E.N.S. blogs and more updates.

Comments

Popular Posts