The Pyramid movie review

It is one of those B-movie horror types that made to look like a documentary but there are some parts of it that made me post it on my geek blog and not on my movie review blog. Unlike pioneer, The Blair Witch Project, the cameraman looks like he is using a tripod while moving.
Photo courtesy of 20th Century Fox

The story is so simple  and cheesy but it was well versed with Egyptian mythology which is what I like about it. The occupant of the pyramid was quite scary enough and the effects are not bad. But it is unusual that the pyramid is 3 sided. 

I am also glad that there was a hint of ancient alien theory in the movie. Pyramids were considered structure of power to most. What is really disturbing that most pyramids don't have a tomb of the pharaoh it pays tribute to. To the ancient Egyptians, they believe in a stargate that bring their dead to the afterlife.

If you ask a structural engineer, the pyramid set up inside looks more like a power plant than a tomb. Some even found traces of radioactivity. From satellite scans, they even found energy surrounding the structure. But it is up for you to believe it or not.

If you are looking for some type of thriller, I find it better than the previous ones I watched. The Pyramid is now showing in cinemas by 20th Century Fox. For more quality reviews, follow this blog or like my Facebook page.

Comments

Popular Posts