Jupiter Ascending movie review

After one year of watching the trailers, Jupiter Ascending finally ascends in Philippine cinemas. I am anticipating this movie because I am a fan of the Wachowskis and The Matrix trilogy. The Matrix trilogy created a new way of making action movies with hidden philosophical ideas that will twist your brains.
Photo courtesy of Warner Bros.

Jupiter Ascending brings back the science fiction fantasy in tradition of the Dune Chronicles but more closer to Earth setting. When I first saw the trailers, I was not yet impressed but knowing the Wachowskis, it will be something in the movies.

The movie story centers on Jupiter Jones(played by Mila Kunis). An average working class immigrant struggling in the known world she grew up to until she discovers a new one that will change her life.

Jupiter founds out that she is a royal heir in an intergalactic empire that reveals more than any human being cannot comprehend. Mila Kunis is known for romantic comedies but I never thought she could also do well in this genre. Sean Bean is no stranger to fantasy since he was in Lord Of The Rings and Game of Thrones. I didn't expect that Channing Tatum will also do well in sci-fi/fantasy genre with his character. 

As for the story, it is an Easter egg of hidden symbolism about religion, philosophy, and even mythology. I am not sure if anyone notice but it also has the concept of ancient alien theory.The effects are visually appealing. I recommend it you watch on IMAX 3D.

Knowing the Wachowskis, I am sure there is a sequel already in draft. Introducing this new fantasy world shouldn't be limited to one movie alone. For the love month, I highly recommend this new action-packed production for a date movie. Previewed last February 3 at IMAX Cinema in Megamall.  Now, where can I get those awesome boots. For more quality geek reviews, follow this blog or like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook.

Comments

Popular Posts