The Best Movie Sword Fights

I grew up watching martial arts and fantasy movies with amazing sword fights. Most of these movies hire an expert swordsman to choreograph this amazing stunts and sometimes hire Hong Kong stuntmen.

Photo courtesy of Warner Bros.
Example of this is 300: Rise Of An Empire. Just like this movie, there are good examples of the best sword fights in movies provided by Sifu Marc Davis, founder of MD Martial Arts Academy. His explanations are in the link I provided. I agree with most of his selections but I have yet to see Zatoichi.
 
Here are his selections I agreed on. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon; Gladiator, The Last Samurai, Blade, Kill Bill Vol. 1, Hero and Shogun Assassin. If you ask me, here are the what I wish to add to the list.
 
Troy: The duel of Achilles and Hector reminds me of Asian martial arts. 13 Assassins: 13 rogue warriors against an army. Rurouni Kenshin(The live action movie): The famed manga/anime character comes to life. Akira Kurosawa's Hidden Fortress: The movie were Star Wars was based on.
 
Visit and like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook for more geek blogs.

Comments

Popular Posts